The Office of the Commissioner of Accounts holds regular outreach & education webinars for newly appointed or experienced executors, administrators, trustees, conservators, and guardians of minors’ estates.
The Commissioner and members of the Commissioner’s office staff are here to answer your fiduciary, accounting and enforcement questions. If you have questions or simply want to get a sense of your responsibilities as a fiduciary, you are welcome to attend.
The Commissioner holds both evening and daytime sessions. Evening sessions are held bi-monthly on the second Thursday of even numbered months. Daytime Sessions are held quarterly. Below is a schedule of this year's sessions.
Sessions will not last more than 60 minutes and are OPTIONAL & VOLUNTARY.
Repeat visitors are welcome!
EVENING SESSIONS - 6:00 PM
DAYTIME SESSIONS - 12:00 PM NOON
The next public outreach webinar VIA ZOOM, is:
THURSDAY December 8 @ 12pm and 6 pm
Meeting ID: 942 081 9946
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,9420819946#
Telephone dial by your location: +1 301 715 8592
Prior to the Commissioner filing an approved Inventory or Account with the Court, members of the general public are not permitted to review or copy the supporting documents.
No person, whether an interested party or a member of the general public, may review or copy working papers and notes of the Commissioner and his or her staff.
The information below provides information to interested parties on how to obtain copies of documents filed with this office.
1. Once the Commissioner has approved an Inventory or Account and it is filed with the Court, these documents are considered public record and members of the general public may obtain copies of approved filings from the Commissioner’s office through the Court at a cost of $0.50 per page.
2. Interested parties, including fiduciaries, beneficiaries, heirs, bonding companies, claimants, and their respective attorneys, may review filings and related correspondence prior to the Commissioner approving the documents.
3. Any heir or beneficiary may receive copies of filings, excluding supporting documentation, after sending a formal written request to the personal representative. The personal representative filing an Inventory or Account with the Commissioner shall then be required to send a copy of that filing, excluding supporting documentation, to any heir or beneficiary who submits a formal written request. (Virginia Code § 64.2-1303).
4. After the Commissioner of Accounts completes work on an Account, the Commissioner files it and a Commissioner’s Report approving the Account in the Clerk's office. An interested party may make written request to receive a copy of the report to the Commissioner, who will mail the report on or before the date that it is filed in the Clerk's office.
5. Fee for Copies: The person requesting the copies shall pay a fee of $0.50 per page for all copies, without regard to the manner in which copies may be delivered.
Copyright © 2022 Arlington Commissioner of Accounts - All Rights Reserved.